Saturday, April 5, 2008

MY first blog

I've successfully begun the blog. The first hurdle was coming up with a name. Now that's done, there's still topic for discussion to decide on. For now I'll just make note that I have chosen at least one artist I'd like to interview. Kaleo Ching teaches at JFKU with his wife Elise. The work shops they teach here are very similar in nature to the type of educational, healing and entertainment events that I and my collaborators, Sarah Theismann and Ruth Moss envision facilitating. Since we will be working together in the future we agreed that it is appropriate for us to collaborate on this assignment as well. We will each most likely interview one of the two artists/teachers above.

For my art date, I intend to take myself tonight out to San Rafael where I heard that there is a festival, pertaining to art, wellness and entertainment. Right up my alley! I'm going to go see how it looks, how it feels and maybe even get some information about the second artist interview I want to do. Finding out more details about where and when are all I have to do first.

No comments: